Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 34: Crawfordsville to Indianapolis IN

Like yesterday it was a bit cool at the start of today's ride, but clouds filling the morning sky also made it dreary.  Thankfully, the chance of precipitation was forecast to be low, so we expected no rain and for the cloud cover to dissipate later in the morning.  And that's just the way it played out for our short easy ride to Indianapolis.  It was another "active recovery" day.

Tiny community within 15 miles after leaving  Crawfordsville


Typical road view later in the morning after the clouds departed


Of corn and soybeans
(apology to Stealers Wheel)



With great weather and only 59 miles to ride, it doesn't take long to arrive at the northwest outskirts of  "Indy".


But there are still  15-20 miles to our hotel as we move toward the northeast reaches of Indy.
This part of Indianapolis reminds me of Lexington, KY horse country.

CrossRoads Day 34 Google Earth image and Elevation Profile
Crawfordsville to Indianapolis IN

3 comments:

  1. If you weren't retired, I'd say don't give up your day job. I will however talk to Tom and see if there is room in his band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Honey- I have not felt compelled to comment publicly until now.......although I had the thought that after viewing the picture of you at Mile 76 on Day 28 going to Kirksville, MO, that I should have said that I still LOVE you!..... but your singing is priceless! I especially love that laugh at yourself. It is so fun to see you enjoy this wild adventure! Love and kisses from Mrs. Herm.

    ReplyDelete